POISONOUS AND HALLUCINOGENIC MUSHROOMS
by Michael W. Beug Email: beugm@evergreen.edu
The Evergreen State College, Olympia WA
Previous Slide Table of Contents Next Slide


Slide 68.
Boletus chrysenteron is an edible but not incredible species. Few people realize that drinking alcohol with or after a meal of Boletus chrysenteron and some wild mushrooms, other than the Inky Cap can cause difficulties. The symptoms are mild to severe gastrointestinal upset and are due to unknown factors. There appears to be a wide range of individual susceptibility. In any case, some people cannot drink alcohol and eat Boletus chrysenteron, without distress. I have also read of one case of a man who experiences severe vomiting and diarrhea if he drinks alcohol and then eats Boletus edulis within 24 hours. Other individual reactions include a woman who gets an itchy throat every time she eats Boletus edulis. Individual reactions to a wide range of choice edible mushrooms are not unusual.
Previous Slide Table of Contents Next Slide