POISONOUS AND HALLUCINOGENIC MUSHROOMS
by Michael W. Beug Email: beugm@evergreen.edu
The Evergreen State College, Olympia WA
Previous Slide Table of Contents Next Slide 


Slide 73.
Suillus luteus, one of the Slippery Jacks, can cause mild upset if the slime layer is not removed before cooking. Several members of the Suillus genus can cause trouble for some people, especially problems with diarrhea and malaise. For some people just handling some Suillus species causes a rash similar to the effects of Poison Ivy. Skin irritation from mushrooms is uncommon, but for sensitive individuals, several widely different kinds of mushrooms can cause a rash when handled.

Previous Slide Table of Contents Next Slide